Pianero and Cachimbo Queen

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Shopper's Syndrome

I may have mentioned it before that I hate shopping. It literally makes me sick and I proved it yesterday.

I left work a little late and headed to K-Mart for my first time ever. I've kind of avoided that store because it seemed to me only a few steps above from the 99 cent stores that litter the Heights. They had some decent things but I did see people picking up strange yard art.

I was perfectly fine when I walked in. Perhaps a bit hungry. Within minutes the symptoms started. It always starts in the eyes. I start to have trouble focusing. It hurts to run my eyes over all the aisles of stuff. My eyeballs start to ache and I have to try to just keep looking forward. Seeing things using my peripheral vision starts to make me dizzy and nauseous. I have to put my eyes on the side of my head, sort of like the screamer. I really felt exactly like that:
.
I then start feeling really lethargic. Like when I drink past my tipsy point and things start feeling slow. Last night I felt a new symptom. Something like a sciatica. My right leg started experiencing a really sharp pain and I started limping. I didn't want people to look at me because I feared that I was starting to look weird. Things just got worse and worse and by the time I was paying the cashier I was starting to break into a cold sweat.

As soon as I walked out of the store I started feeling better. The rain had stop and so the air was crisp. Within minutes of leaving I was back to normal, just hungrier. It just seems like hypoglycemia but why does it go away when I leave the store? And how about the anxiety symptoms.

Only one conclusion: shopping is EVIL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home