Pianero and Cachimbo Queen

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Media Musings

Been busy studying for tonight's Chemistry test, but I did have some time to sit in front of the boob tube a bit. Some interesting things:

The Jeopardy guy FINALLY lost!!! I am so happy! He was starting to annoy me badly. His head was getting bigger and bigger. However, I will miss seeing Alex Trebek squirm at the end of the game when Ken would win again. You could tell that he wanted to knock him out.

We watched Office Space again this weekend. It's so over the top yet a it portrays a lot of aspects of the corporate world very accurately. I can't help but think that "TPS" stands for "this place sucks". This is truly a classic for all us disgruntled workers.

I caught the tree lighting ceremony last night. I had never seen Jessica Simpson before other than in commercials. Ok can someone please explain her appeal to me because I just don't get it. The girl has got the absolutely biggest MOUTH on the face of the Earth. Holy crap! I was screaming "Help! She's going to eat me!" every time they would close up on it. And what's up with all the retarded ass gestures she makes when she sings? Coño, ni cuanta' mueca'! I kind of felt sorry for her. She looked like she was having convulsions. Weird thing is she actually has a half decent voice. She sang decently well over that big band arrangement. But the poor thing really does seem to have the IQ of a peanut.

I usually won't admit to watching reality TV. But I have been catching The Biggest Loser from time to time. It does feel like a guilty pleasure of sorts. I know that at least a part of me is relieved that though I'm overweight I'm not quite that big. Though the survivor-style elimination part of the show is annoying, I think the premise behind the show is actually good. A lot of people feel hopeless about their weight problems. I'm sure that the show will indeed inspire some people to try to make positive changes in their lives. They will think if these people can do it, then so can I. By the way I have lost nearly 20 lbs so far this year (since May). So this will be the first year since 1990 where I actually weigh less on New Year's Eve than I did at the beginning of the year. WOOT! 30 more lbs to go! Anyway, so my brother is going to apply for the Biggest Loser 2. He's going to an open casting call today. *crosses fingers* More than for the losing weight I'm hoping this will help bolster his thespian pursuits. But sure, seeing him get into shape and be more confident will be super cool for the entire family. Good luck hon! Break a leg!

I guess that's all for this edition. I have to get back to pretending that I'm doing actual work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home