Pianero and Cachimbo Queen

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Warning

Ok, so for five years I commuted from Washington Heights to South Norwalk, CT. I would drive up 95 the whole way. Every day, past exit 13 (Conner Street) off the New England Thruway (either right before or right after the bridge there) a cop would be there giving someone a ticket. Someone was always pulled over, every single day without fail.

So when JC started driving in to work I warned him about this area. Soon he was joking about it too, giggling at the poor sucker who didn't know that someone always gets pulled over at that spot.

Neither he nor I ever go above 55 there because we are among the enlightened ones. We know what goes on in that little stretch of road. And we want no part in it.

So yesterday he's driving home from work, feeling a bit down due to his mother's precarious state of health. He's driving in the middle lane so that he can take it easy: no worries of tailgaters on the left and no worries regarding exit/entrance ramps on the right. He passes exit 13 and sees the cop car there and starts thinking "someone's about to get it". For insurance he slows down a bit but knows that he's not going any faster than 50. Right on schedule, he sees the police car pull out. It's only a matter of seconds now. The cop car takes off and JC suddenly realizes that it's following HIM!!

Yes, my friends, my poor hubby became the latest victim. Now, normally I have no beef with NY's finest. But I *KNOW* that if there is any place where we WON'T speed at it's there. So it's kind of annoying that he got a ticket in that precise spot.

I guess one of us was due. I've never been stopped at all in my 8 years of that long commute. Maybe it's cause he's a Latino guy. Hmm, that can open up a whole new can of worms.

Anyway, this is just a public service announcement. SLOW the F&*# down from exits 13 through 15 on the New England Thruway (Route 95) north! You've been warned.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home